Date(s) – Sunday, Apr. 22, 2018
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Track/Location: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Driver Development Track (DDT), Bowmanville, ON. The DDT is home to the Bridgestone Racing Academy. Perfect training facility – large exercise area, skidpad, and technically challenging 3km multi-elevation training track. Track provider is DriveTeq.
Event Date: April 22, 2018 (Sunday)
DriveTeq GP Event Dates (10): May 4, May 24, June 12, June 29, July 9, July 18, August 16, September 5, September 17, October 11
DriveTeq DDT Event Dates (3): April 22, May 11, August 12
Event Format: 1-Day event; 3 group format (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced); lots of track time/day. Controlled passing in designated areas with a signal/point-by. Program designed to safely introduce Novice drivers to the track through classroom discussion, skills development exercises, and on-track training. Intermediate and Advanced drivers will evaluated and coached to meet each driver’s needs.
1. Track Novice Program – Supervised Study
- Classroom Theory – understand the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised Car Control Exercises – experience the fundamentals of car control in a safe dedicated area;
- In-car Group Coaching – experience driving on a track (closed road) to explore the skills of the driver and limits of the vehicle. Skills Focus – Vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
2. Track Intermediate Program – Transition from Supervised to Solo Study
- Set goals & discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, G. loading, trail-steering, transitioning, heel & toe shifting, and driving in traffic and be mindful of the concepts of situational awareness and mechanical sympathy.
3. Track Advanced Program – Solo (Independent) Study
- High-functioning exceptionally experienced track drivers that are training to maximize the many cognitive and physical skills of inter-active track driving;
- Lots of track time with like drivers.
Cost: $450+HST ($508.50). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq.
Early registration & payment discounts by following dates-
- April 8, 2018 – $425+HST ($480.25*)
* To be used in 2018
- Helmets (Snell 2010, later) for Intermediate and Advanced, mandatory. Helmet rental – $30+HST ($33.90). Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer in advance;
- In-car group instruction;
- Lunch and water provided for all drivers. Guest charge is $30+HST ($33.90) each. Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer in advance;
- Anatomy of a DriveTeq DE track day, click https://www.driveteq.ca/anatomy-of-a-driveteq-driver-education-track-day/
- Preparing for a DriveTeq track day, click https://www.driveteq.ca/preparing-for-a-driveteq-local-track-event/
- At bottom of this page, complete Booking process to register;
- Follow with payment to DriveTeq by interac e-transfer to complete registration;
- Leave a comment below to advise experience level.
Terms & Conditions:
- Tech inspection STRONGLY SUGGESTED prior to event;
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other;
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. PROFESSIONALLY OPERATED, TERRIFIC DAYS, GREAT FUN !